Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Quest for a couch

Jon asked me the other day if I minded if we got a new couch. Hellooo. Don't have to ask me twice!
Our current one is only 3 years old but I originally wanted a tight backed couch and searched everywhere but found nothing. And I still bought one with a cushion back. Mistake. It's looking schlumpy and it's the biggest investment in the room.

I didn't want to have to order without testing it out but I may have to do just that. I'll be reading the reviews carefully.

So here I am on the hunt for the perfect couch. Here are some ideas.













Do you have a tight backed couch or a cushion back? Do you like it? Which do you prefer?

2 comments:

Carrie said...

The second one is SO elegant! But is that the look you are going for? Also is it practical with kids? I also love the lines on the third and the last but I can't decide if I like the throw pillows or the split seat cushions?

Laura Lynn said...

Carrie - I love that one too. It really is the one I want but it is sooo large I don't think it would work in my living room. I also like the lines in the other ones. I am going for an elegant yet comfortable room that's good for kids too. But since we have a nearly indestructable sectional in the fam. room, they can go there for all of their jumping needs - ha ha.