Thursday, December 30, 2010

Kitchen inspiration

Kitchen

We're working on the kitchen again this weekend and hope to get the back splash started. We're going with the classic, white subway tile. It'll be easy to work around when I feel the need to change up the colors.

The island in the mood board is just for inspiration sake but it's similar in tone to the one that I have. It's a large vintage cabinet with a zinc top and is on small casters. I was told it came out of an old home in Pittsburgh. I need to buy large casters to get it to counter top height. Because it was a wall piece, I just need to add bead board to the back so it will look like the front.

We're going with open shelving on one wall to open up the space and make it feel more airy. I wish we had more space for lower cabinets so we could do away with the upper ones all together.
The lower cabinets, sink, faucet and chopping block counter top were put in a while back so we only have a little more to go.

There is light at the end of the tunnel!

No comments: