Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The studio organization project

I'm taking the studio in a new direction. I say that as if it had one before, maybe I'm just-finally getting-around-to-organizing it is more like it.

Although we loved the black bench, it had to go.
And say good-bye to the open shelves.
In their place we brought out the antique armoire my mom gave me.
I like its period hardware. Luckily, it also has the skeleton key to go with it. I'll need that as I have already found little kids using it as a hiding place. Good thing it is well built.

Although it doesn't boast many shelves, it has a few that I can work with and on the other side, I can create more by installing grid shelving since that side was used for hanging items. Having fewer spaces to put things will also be good for me to pare down on some items.

So this is what will keep me busy for a few days.
And then I'll be ready to
gear up for the fall craft/homemade/holiday season
once again.

No comments: